Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Pretty In Plaid


Hi kids!

I know I haven't posted in a while...I've got about a million irons in the fire right now and time just got away from me, but I did want to tell you about a great book coming out today. Well, I can't actually tell you it's a great book because I haven't read it yet. But I will. Probably today. All of it. It's called Pretty In Plaid: A Life,  a Witch, and a Wardrobe or The Wonder Years Before the Condescending, Egomaniacal, Self-Centered Smart Ass Phase.

At any rate, Jen Lancaster is a blogger and an author that I love. And I mean love. In a pink, puffy paint heart kind of way. I am a huge fan of good memoir-style books and she is the queen. She's written three other books and they are so worn and dog eared at my house that I may have to buy new copies just to be able to see the print. And I'm not a "read things more than once" type of gal, typically. If you'd like to enjoy a taste of her writing, head on over to her blog to check it out. She's been doing some great photo posting on the 80's that I can promise you'll enjoy.

My favorite one of her books is Such a Pretty Fat: One Narcissist's Quest To Discover If Her Life Makes Her Ass Look Big, Or Why Pie Is Not the Answer. (She is the queen of the subtitle.) If you've ever struggled with your weight--and let me clarify. Being a size four and feeling like "you've got a little baby weight you're still trying to get off" does NOT count as "struggling" and, in fact, makes the rest of us not like you when you talk about it incessantly at the gym. But I digress. Such A Pretty Fat will have you laughing so hard--out loud--that it will actually count as an ab workout. As I said, I have read it so many times that the cover is starting to wear off. 
So because I've enjoyed the rest of her books so much, I can pretty much guarantee that you'll enjoy this new one out today. So go grab it and have a good laugh. And grab the other ones while you're at it...they're all out in paperback. I promise you'll thank me later. You'll thank me before you've even READ the books because the subtitles are so great. 

Hope all's well in your worlds. I'll get back to some money-saving stuff soon. :)

1 comment:

Danica said...

I only wish the socks on the cover weren't argyle instead of plaid. I notice the dumbest things.