Sunday, April 19, 2009

CVS Trip #1 April 19th

I'm such a big fan of "CVSing" (yes, it's a verb!) and I'm really thankful to all of the great websites that put together the deal scenarios each week for their readers to follow. I'm hoping in the future, to have my act together so that I can pass those along to you because they do ALL THE HARD WORK FOR YOU! There's very little thought involved in how to get the best bang for your buck at all of the drugstores when you just know the right places to look.

Here's what I got today at CVS...

Total OOP: $1.18  

A DOLLAR!!!!!! AND EIGHTEEN CENTS!!!

And I got $16.89 back in ECBs for next time!!

So how did I do it? I'll give you the run down...

Purchases:
Tresemme Shampoo on sale for 3/$10-I bought 6 = $20.00
Crest Pro Health on sale for $2.88--I bought 2 = $$5.76
Edge Shave Gel on sale for $2.89--I bought 1

Coupons:
 6 $1.00 off Tresemme products coupons
1 $.50 off Crest Toothpaste (I had two...would've done even better if I'd remembered to use it!)
1 $4.00 off any beauty purchase CVS coupon (this one came via email this week. If you don't have your Extra Care Card connected to your email address, DO IT NOW! You get lots of good high dollar coupons from doing so.)
3 Extra Care Buck coupons totalling $17.47

Total OOP: $1.18 
Total ECBs received: $16.89

****************************
If you've never done CVS before, there are some great sites on the web to get you started with the process. There's a great tutorial here if you're just starting out and really need the very basics of how to do the CVS thing. If you're aware of how it works, this site is doing a CVS from the Ground Up series where you can start building your Extra Care Bucks along with her week by week. It's VERY cool and if you've never done CVS before, I highly recommend it. She's on week 3 but you can jump in anytime-- plus she'll link you to past weeks. As you can see this week from my purchases...it's a great way to get free or almost free health and beauty items.

No comments: