Sunday, April 19, 2009

Gymboree Trip April 19th

So I've posted before about shopping at Gymboree and how I learned recently that even though their clothes at retail price are ridiculously expensive, they offer enough sales and specials to make it worth the purchase if you play your cards right. Today I redeemed my most recent "Gymbucks" from a trip that I made to the outlet mall near our home recently. For every fifty dollars you spend, they give you a coupon for $25 off of your next $50 purchase. I bought quite a lot of clothes for my boys a few weeks ago on clearance at the outlet and received these "Gymbucks" so today I ventured down to a 'real' Gymboree store to use them. (The biggest catch with these coupons is that you can get them at the outlet, but you can't use them there.)
I feel like I did pretty well with these. This is my first try using the Gymbucks and I feel like I got some good deals. 
My purchases:
Total OOP: $45.65

I guess it really doesn't look like much, but I got most of these items on clearance with the use of the Gymbucks, which basically made them 50% off ($25 off of $50) and then in addition, I had an extra 20% off coupon which I used on the items once I got to the $50 mark. (They won't let you combine the gymbucks and the 20% off coupon.)

At any rate, it may not look like much, but these clothes hold up BIG TIME to little boy abuse and I know that if I buy them for my older son, my younger one will be able to wear them later, PLUS, based on my previous experience,  I'll still get close to my purchase price if I re-sell them on ebay. If you were to buy these five items for the original prices, they would've cost $124.50. So all in all, not a bad deal. I'll definitely use the gymbucks deal again when they're available--particularly if I can buy clearance from the outlet.

No comments: