Sunday, April 19, 2009

Natural Foods Warehouse


This is exciting!! For those of you who like to buy natural and organic food and live in the northern suburbs of Atlanta, this place is a find! The Natural Foods Warehouse is located off of the Mansell Exit of GA 400 and offers the same type of foods that you'd find at Whole Foods, but at wholesale prices. I had a great trip there today and was really excited at all the things I found! You will never find these kinds of foods as cheaply as you will find the processed stuff in the grocery store, but you can definitely tell that this place is discounted from what you'd pay in some other stores. They don't offer produce, but they have a HUGE selection of packaged foods, drinks, dairy items, frozen items and my favorite: dietary supplements. The prices are great...I will definitely be going back.

Here's what I bought today:


I spent $48.55, which is clearly WAY more than I'd spend at the grocery store for a quantity this small, but this is good stuff that my son and I will definitely benefit from.
Here's the rundown:

Super Seed Powder (the huge jar)--this is a fiber supplement that will last us a looong time, I hope. It was $17.28

Apple Cinnamon Granola (the green bag)--this was my true splurge, but I wanted to try it. It's a "live" granola, which means it hasn't been cooked and it's made of really, really good grains without a lot of sugar. It is also processed in a dedicated facility and since my son has a nut allergy, that's a big deal for us. This bag was $9.68 (ouch!!)

Not Nuts! Trail Mix--I'm hoping I can get my son interested in this--it's full of yummy seeds and such but has a little sprinkling of chocolate chips and raisins. I'm hoping he'll like it. Another item that's processed in a dedicated facility...very difficult to find trail mixes and granolas that my son can eat. This one was $3.48

Instant Oatmeal--I thought this was a steal. This box was only a few cents more than Quaker was on sale today at Kroger. This kind, though, has no corn syrup, no artificial flavors or colors or any of that wacky stuff and it was only $2.79!

4 containers of Coconut Milk yogurt--My son is addicted to yogurt, but that amount of cow's milk just isn't doing his body any favors, as we're learning. My doc suggested coconut milk yogurt, so even thought it's expensive, I thought we'd give it a go and see how he liked it. I bought four containers for $1.45 each

Chlorophyll supplements--This is for my son and they were $4.60

Annie's Noodle Express microwaveable meal--I just wanted to try it. I thought it looked yummy. :) It was $2.66


Bottom line, if you're into dietary supplements or natural, organic foods, this is definitely worth checking out. I'm not sure if they accept coupons...I forgot to ask. I'll update once I learn, because I'm sure to be back!

No comments: