Monday, April 27, 2009

Kroger and Publix this week!


There are good deals out there this week! Especially if you've been clipping multiple papers' worth of coupons! Here are my favorite deals at Publix and Kroger:

PUBLIX:
Marie Calendar's Pasta Al Dente Frozen Entrees--BOGO for $2.99 at Publix which makes them about $1.50 each. If you have the coupon from a week or so ago you can get another $.75 off, which makes these only $.75 each. I haven't tried them, but they look yummy so I bought FIVE! :)

Glade Candles--BOGO for $3.49. This makes them about $1.75 each. When you add in the $1/2 coupon from the paper a couple of weeks ago, it makes them only $1.25 each. And they smell yummy!

Campbell's Cream Soups are a dollar each this week and there are assorted coupons out there to make those even cheaper.

Advil is on sale this week--a 50 count bottle for $4.49. There was a $1 off coupon in (I think) last week's paper, so for less than $3.50 you can get a 50 count bottle of Advil.

Quaker Oatmeal is on sale for $1.99. I used a $1/2 coupon and a $1/1 coupon, bought three boxes and got three boxes for less than four bucks.

My total at Publix today was $18.76 and I saved $26.76

KROGER:

Milk is on sale for $1.99 so I bought two gallons of that with expiration dates pretty far out. That's a good price for milk. Some folks will buy and freeze, but I just don't want to risk yucky milk, so I don't do the freezer thing. If you're brave, give it a whirl..this is a great price.

Kellogg's Cereals--on sale for between $2 and $3 a box depending on the brand. A couple of weeks ago there were $1/1 coupons in the paper, so I bought two boxes of pretty cheap cereal today.

Angel Soft Toilet Tissue: Four pack sells for $1.28. There have been coupons for $.50 off lately, so when doubled, that gets you a four pack of tissue for $.28. I bought five. Love cheap TP!

Starbucks Chocolate: The small (3 oz) bars are on sale this week for 2/$3 (remember you don't have to buy both to get the sale price). This makes each bar $1.50. There was a $1/1 coupon recently in the paper, so you can use that with the sale to get some good chocolate cheap! Fifty cents...can't beat that! I bought five...we'll see how long they last. :)

Split Chicken Breasts are on sale for $.99 a pound this week as well. That's a decent deal on chicken. I bought a pack today, brought it home, trimmed off the skin and threw it in the crockpot. I sprinkled on some poultry seasoning and wrapped it all up in about four pieces of bacon. How easy was that and trust me, I will have happy boys at my house tonight!

My Kroger total OOP today was $36.51 (I bought quite a bit of produce and some other odds and ends not mentioned above) and I saved $22.08. Not as great as Publix, but Kroger never really is. You can't argue with twenty-eight cent toilet paper, though. You just can't. :)

Have a great week shopping! Let me know if you find any other great deals!

Here is one of my favorite resources for Publix deals and here is one of my favorite resources for nearly everything else.

No comments: