Monday, March 30, 2009

The "Change Challenge"


I've had a little experiment in mind for a week or so and I've decided that this is the week to try it. I've told you guys before that we do everything with cash now. We've found it a really valuable way to keep up with where our money goes. This week I've decided not to use any change during my transactions unless it calls for less than a dime. I'm keeping all of the money I'm saving in a jar and I'll count it at the end of the week to see what I came up with. I'm wondering if this wouldn't be a great way to start saving now for those surprise Christmas expenses that always pop up, or maybe for "mad money" for a family trip this summer. I'm anxious to see the results, so come back at the end of the week and I'll let you know how I did!

1 comment:

Holly Brooks said...

My husband takes out his pocket change at the end of every day and he and my son count it and roll it (when necessary.) They have saved nearly $150 in about a year and a half. And that's jsut what hubby doesn't spend in the vending machines! Good luck with your little experiment!!