Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Importance of a Second Email Address

I can't emphasize enough the importance of setting up an email account that you can use for your coupon/money-saving purposes. It's super easy to go to yahoo or hotmail or gmail and set up a free account and then you're not dealing with an over-abundance of spam in the inbox of your main email account. Most places are actually pretty good about not sending tons of junk, but it's just a good idea to protect yourself by keeping things separate. 

Also, lots of the places that you sign up will send you more money-saving coupons or deals and it's much easier to have them all in one place on that second email account than to have to page through your work/personal emails to get them.

I have a second account through gmail and I check it about once a week to see if there's anything worth saving.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Okay...I am already addicted to your blog. I am so excited about printing coupons this week and getting my Sunday paper. Shopping is going to be SO different next week....

Unknown said...

Once again I could not agree with you more. Besides a second email being a great place for getting deals it's also good for ID protection. Using a web based email and not personal or work adds another layer to shield your identity. Just a tip, Gmail has a very sensitive spam filter that will sometimes catch ads from retailers as spam. If you see that being a problem you can go to the settings and adjust the sensitivity of the filter. Thanks for the hard work put into this Blog. I've never shopped at CVS but I'm going to try it out.