Friday, March 13, 2009

Make Money with your Prescriptions!


There is no reason right now why you should ever fill or refill a prescription without someone giving you perks for it. The sale papers in the newspaper are filled each week with offers for free gift cards for filling a new or transferring an old prescription to a particular drugstore. Rite-Aid is the best at this. I LOVE their offers. They give you a $25 gift card for each prescription that you transfer or fill. I have so far made about $50 at Rite Aid that I have then used to buy diapers. HOORAY FOR FREE DIAPERS! I have also been able to take rebate deals at Rite-Aid and actually "roll" the gift card money into more money coming back through a rebate. I'll tell you more about how to do that in my Rite Aid post later this weekend.

The other exciting thing about the Rite Aid coupon is that I've been able to use them at Publix. As I've told you before. Publix accepts competitor coupons and I've found it to be true in the pharmacy as well. They accept the Rite Aid coupon and give you a $25 Publix gift card for your prescription. I've gotten probably $75 worth of free groceries by doing this. Our family doesn't use a lot of prescription meds, but during the winter/spring, there are usually a lot of doctor's visits and new prescriptions not to mention those monthly meds that you can transfer from your current pharmacy to take advantage of these deals.

In the interest of full disclosure, I did get a Rite Aid coupon rejected by a Publix store this week. They told me they were no longer accepting them. However, "my" regular Publix hasn't stopped accepting them, so it may be a store by store decision. Let me know if you try it and it works.

Walgreen's also offers a $25 transfer coupon and occasionally Target will offer one as well, although theirs is usually only for about $10. It's a great way to grab a little extra cash for making a purchase that you'd have to make anyway.

Let me know if you try it and how much success you have!!

Today I'm going to experiment at Walgreen's a bit to see what kind of deals I can find there. I'm usually not a big Wag's shopper, but my sources are telling me that they've had better deals lately than CVS, so I'm going to check it out and report back!!

********UPDATE!!!!!!!!*********
As my dear friend, Trudy, graciously pointed out, I forgot to tell you where I'm getting these coupons.  Oops. :)  The Sunday paper is your best bet. Check the weekly circulars for the local drugstores and you'll find all kinds of goodies. That's where Rite Aid usually posts theirs as well as Walgreens. It pays to thumb through the actual newspaper as well. Last week I found a page full of $25 gift card coupons for Rite Aid on the back page of the Living section of the paper. They don't expire for a while, so I'm hoping to be able to use them all before they're gone. Target usually prints their coupons in the weekly circular as well.
Sorry for the omission! Truly, the Sunday paper is the secret to everything!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yes, yes, cry the madding crowd, give us more, but first, tell us, where do you find these coupons?