Monday, March 9, 2009

First Things First

I am so excited to be starting this blog! I have been having so much fun over the last eight months or so learning how to strategically shop to save tons of money. I have taken our weekly grocery bill from somewhere around $150-$200 down to about $60. SIXTY DOLLARS! To feed a family of four! I'm going to share with you week by week exactly how I do it and try to make it educational enough that you can do it too.

Does it take time to save money like this? Absolutely. Tons? No. The most time-consuming part is the actual clipping and filing of the coupons, but those are things that can be done while watching TV or talking on the phone...women are brilliant multi-taskers--there's no reason for coupons to take over your life! Although if you don't have a good filing system, you'll feel like they're taking over your house! But more on that later... 

There is so much ground to cover that it's a little overwhelming to even know where to begin. I'll try to take things a step at a time and share with you tips and tidbits along the way. I will be directing you to some of my favorite blogs online where I gain a lot of information each week on where the best deals are and hopefully you can begin to frequent those pages as well.  I'm also hoping I can give you some fun tips for your home and your lives. It's not easy to be busy moms...especially in the 'burbs where there is always a lot of pressure to "keep up with the Joneses". There are always ways to accomplish things on a budget--you just have to get creative! I hope I can help change the way you think so that you can tighten your belts a little as we continue navigating the path of our crazy economy.

Let's get started!!!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

First of all, I am thrilled to see you on this blog and the pictures of your wonderful family. Second, I love that you're spreading your knowledge. Just one more thing to love about you. If you want to check out my blog it's called http://wendyswhimsicalwords.blogspot.com/ Check it out.

Anonymous said...

Hey Leigh Ann!

It would be super helpful if you would post your grocery list every week, and even your meals, so everyone can see exactly what you do! I shop for two and we generally sit around 60$ a week for just us.. Good, cheap ideas are always welcome.