Sunday, March 15, 2009

March 15th Shopping Trip

This week I went to Kroger early, early Sunday morning. I found a lot of "Manager's Specials" which saved me quite a bit...especially considering this was a week I wasn't able to match many coupons. I managed to save a good bit through these "Manager's Specials" on produce. I found strawberries for $1.50 a package, a pork roast for $3.74 and a 5 lb bag of potatoes for $1.50. I cut up some of the strawberries for this week and then I washed, cut up and froze the rest. All in all, not a bad week. I decided to use the pork roast instead of the chicken I was going to grill since it was cheaper, so that's a slight change to my menu plan. Also, there were no rotisserie chickens ready yet, so I ended up buying 2 cans of chicken instead. 
So here's what I got...  
Grand Total: $56.00

That also included a $1 donation to the Children's Miracle Network. 

And yes, an Us Weekly. 
Don't judge.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just happy to know someone else reads Us Weekly. Robert brings them back to me from the airport.

Danielle said...

Girls...I have you beat...it's called a year's subscription to US Weekly. Only way to do it! :)