Saturday, March 28, 2009

Menu Planning

Remember that one of the most important rules in saving money at the grocery store is PLANNING YOUR MENUS IN ADVANCE! This cute little menu planning template is available for you to print out here. Find what works for you. You can use a printable, you can use a plain spiral-bound notebook or even index cards. I found some cute meal-plan notepads at Michael's for $1.00 last week and I used my 40% off coupon to get one really cheap. They're magnetic, so I can put them on the fridge and keep them right at a glance.

So what are we having this week at my house?

First let me say that I bought a fun cookbook today at BJs. (Their book section is my DOWNFALL--I try not to go very often because I have NO willpower.) At any rate, the book is called Top Secret Restaurant Recipes--you can see it on Amazon here. This week we're going to experiment in dishes from this cookbook.

Here's the rundown:

Sunday: Herb Marinated Pork Tenderloin (an exception: this is an Ina Garten recipe), roasted red potatoes and Hooters Pasta Salad. (Funny, right?) 
Monday: Pizza Hut Triple Decker Pizza with pepperoni and mushrooms
Tuesday (easy night because of a lacrosse game and voice lessons): Hot dogs, macaroni and cheese
Wednesday: Outback Steakhouse's Alice Springs Chicken, Ruth's Chris Steakhouse's Creamed Spinach, Noodles with butter (in case the kids balk at everything else, at least they'll have something in their bellies!)
Thursday: We'll be eating out with my in-laws
Friday: Barbecue Muffin Cups (not sure what else will go with this--it's my wild card meal of the week)
Saturday: Breakfast or leftovers (I'll be out of town for a baby shower, so the guys have to fend for themselves.)

So that's the run down. I'll post my shopping lists later once I've found all of my coupon deals to share!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you visited www.flybaby.net or www.savingdinner.com?