Sunday, March 29, 2009

March 29th Shopping Trip


Publix Trip:
Total Cost: $65.07
Savings: $34.29
Total OOP: 30.78

There were some great deals to be had at Publix this week. I'll give you the run-down of what I bought:
2 Atlanta Journals: $2.34 each 
**Publix gives you a little price break on the papers--they're supposed to sell for $2.50 each, so pick up your weekly Sunday papers at Publix!!
Betty Crocker Blueberry Muffin Mix: BOGO + a $1 off coupon from the back 
of a Bisquick box.--$.30
**Coupons are everywhere! Keep your eyes open!
Barillia Pasta: $1.00 off coupon--made them $.39
Swiss Miss Pudding: BOGO--$1.25
5 Dial Bar Soap Three Packs: BOGO + doubled $.35 off coupon--$.34
Kraft BBQ Sauce: $1.59 
Publix BBQ Sauce: FREE
*Publix is running their "comparison sales" again. They choose a couple of items and if you buy the national brand, they'll give you the store brand for free. LOVE this.
Hormel Turkey Pepperoni- $3.69
Betty Crocker Muffin Mix- $.99
Kashi frozen Dinner: $3.49-FREE
*One of the greatest ways to get high dollar or even FREE product coupons is to sign up for free samples. They almost always come with high value coupons and you can even wind up getting some really neat stuff for FREE! I'll start trying to post lots of those links as I find them!
4 Goldfish Grahams-BOGO-$1.09each
Oscar Meyer Hot Dogs--BOGO
*I'm looking at my receipt right now and it would appear that they charged me full price for these hot dogs. I find that annoying because it means I have to go back to Publix, but it also means they'll give me a refund and I'll get the hotdogs for FREE. If ever they scan the wrong price at Publix, their policy is to refund you the full price of the item.
Lemon Juice: $.99
Mushrooms: $1.50
4 Wrigley Gum: FREE (coupon from last week's paper, I think)
Publix Ranch Dressing: PENNY ITEM
Tomato: $.81
Green Onions: $.50
Publix Hot Dog Buns: $1.17
Apple Slices: $2.99
Cantaloupe $.97




Kroger
Total: $80.69
Total Savings: 34.68
Total OOP: 46.01

I'll save you the gory details of every item of my Kroger trip except for a couple of highlights. 

Land O'Lakes Butter: On sale for 2/$4.00 or $2.00 each. This week's paper has a coupon for $1.00 off, so I got butter today for $1 A POUND. This is a GREAT deal. If you use the "real" stuff--GO take advantage of this deal. It's worth it to buy several papers to take advantage of this deal because you'll recover the cost of your papers on each pound!

Hall's Cough Drops: This week's paper has coupons for FREE Hall's cough drops. Again, worth the price of multiple papers. I bought four.

Johnson's Buddies: Again, like I've posted before. These are almost always free or almost free. Kroger usually also gives you catalinas that make it possible to "roll" the deal. Last week I used manufacturer's Qs to get three free and then they gave me a catalina for another $3 off Buddies products, which means I turned right around this week and got three more! This week I got another catalina for $2.50.I'm getting quite a stockpile!

Over The Moon milk: This is a new product from Mayfield and a couple of weeks ago there was a $1.00 off coupon in Smartsource. You can actually buy the milk and send in your receipt and they'll give you YOUR MONEY BACK. It makes this milk FREE. I have several of these coupons and since it's one per address, I'll buy them up over the next couple of weeks and use my parents' address along with my husband's work or another friend...something like that. :)

HAPPY SHOPPING!
How did YOU do this week? I'd love to hear your stories!

1 comment:

Marilouise said...

Publix -- spent $44.22, saved $62.71. My best week yet :)
Kroger -- not so great but I got a LOT of produce.
Loving your blog!!